Confirmation is the time in a student’s life when they claim faith for themselves. Through Confirmation, students have the opportunity to explore their faith by asking questions, digging deeper, serving others, and learning more about God and the Church. They will journey alongside adult mentors and participate in a small group of their peers. At the end of Confirmation, they will be invited to make a public commitment to Christ and become a full member of our church community. You do not have to be a member at Church of the Resurrection to register. Confirmation at Resurrection is open to students in 8th-12th grade.
Want more Information? Reach out to Blake Thomas, Director of Student Ministries, at email@example.com.
Students must be baptized before they can be confirmed. If they have not been baptized, please indicate so on the registration form, and Blake Thomas will reach out to you directly with more information.
Overall, we want confirmation to be a life-giving experience for you and for your family. We want to remain flexible and connect with you if you are running into issues. Please let us know if you are concerned about these expectations or have any questions by connecting with Blake Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and times are subject to change.
· September 18 - Confirmation Parent and Student Kickoff Event
· September 25 - Meet Your Bible
· October 2 - The Story of God
· October 9 - NO CONFIRMATION: Middle School Metamorphosis Fall Retreat Weekend (optional retreat, but we'd love for you to go!)
· October 16 - Holy Trinity
· October 23 - Relationship: Broken
· October 30 - Israel: God's Chosen People
· November 6 - Jesus: God With Us
· November 13 - Relationship: Restored
· November 20 - The Promise of the Resurrection
· November 27 - NO CONFIRMATION: Thanksgiving Break
· December 4 - What’s Yet to Come?
· December 11 - EXPERIENCE WEEK: Visit another UMC Church
· December 18 - Confirmation Christmas Party!
· December 25 & January 1 – NO CONFIRMATION: Christmas Break
· January 8 - What is the Church?
· January 15 - NO CONFIRMATION
· January 22 - Prayer: Talking with God
· January 29 - Partnering with God’s Mission
· February 5 - Inviting Others into God’s Story
· February 12 - Game Show Day!
· February 19 - TBD
· February 24 (Friday) – Confirmation Retreat Night 6:00-10:00 pm, Resurrection West
· March 5 - Confirmation Ceremony, 2:00 pm.
Confirmation would not happen without awesome adults serving as Confirmation Mentors! A mentor is not someone who knows all the answers, but is a faithful guide as students discover their own answers. You'll be partnered with a co-mentor, so you don't have to do it alone, and we'll give you all the tools and training you need to lead amazing conversations with your Confirmation Small Group. We would love to have you join us as a Confirmation Mentor.
Register to be a Confirmation Mentor
Our weekly Confirmation Sessions premiere each Sunday at 8:00 am on the Rezlife Student Ministries YouTube Channel. Be sure to subscribe to our channel and hit the notifications reminder so you can check out all of our Confirmation video content!
Subscribe to Rezlife Student Ministries on YouTube
13720 Roe Ave.
Leawood, KS 66224
24000 W. Valley Pkwy
Olathe, KS 66061
1601 Grand Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64108
601 NE Jefferson St.
Blue Springs, MO 64014
8412 W. 95th St.
Overland Park, KS 66212
Can’t find something? Let us help.