- Provide leadership, training, and holistic support to Ushers in order to develop accurate implementation of worship/liturgical elements and consistency of practice between all worship spaces wherever possible.
- Foster and develop Section Communities initiative. Recruit, provide leadership and training to Section Greeters and Zone Leaders. Develop training materials, communication tools and resources to equip section teams to function effectively. Identify and develop section leaders as they emerge, who will be charged with inviting section members into growing relationships with each other and God.
- Hold primary responsibility for weekend worship hospitality efforts as staff person on site on Sunday mornings. Create and manage volunteer schedule in Ministry Scheduler Pro.
- Provide on-site leadership for worship, including recurring and special worship elements in regular weekend worship and special worship services, such as Ash Wednesday and Maundy Thursday services, and other events that arise.
- Attend weekly Staff Chapel, All Staff Gatherings, Guest Connections Staff Team meetings.
- Proven organizational skills, able to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision; must be a ‘self-starter’, highly motivated, flexible, efficient, capable of following projects through to completion. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient in computer skills, especially with Excel, Outlook, and Word. Data management expertise through database maintenance and reporting. Aptitude working with web content management software.
- Experience in building, leading, and directing a team of volunteers.
- Able to work collaborative and cross-functionally with other ministries; develop quality relationships and engage in productive dialogue to resolve conflict. Enjoy working as a member of a dynamic and fast-paced team, ability to handle constant change.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull 50lbs., stand for long periods of time and walk extensively during worship services.