Learn more about Church of the Resurrection's Disaster Response Ministry
Trip Status: OPEN
Destination: Corpus Christi, Texas
Maximum Participants: 10
Contact/Ministry Connector: Karie Kneller
In 2017 and 2018, Church of the Resurrection dispatched early response teams to hurricane-ravaged parts of Texas including Houston and Corpus Christi. As the focus shifts to long-term recovery, we continue to send our prayers, resources and serve teams to address the continued needs of our brothers and sisters in Texas.
The most important skills needed from team members are a desire to serve God while working side-by-side with community members; to be a team player; and to be flexible for whatever comes our way. General construction skills are appreciated, but not required. Open to ages 14+ with a parent or guardian. Anyone with skills in carpentry, sheet-rock, painting, roofing, electrical, concrete, and cleanup is highly encouraged to apply.
Total estimated cost: $350
- The trip cost will include lodging and project costs in Corpus Christi. Team members will be traveling to the site in their own cars or arranging their own flights. Participants should be prepared to pay for occasional meals during travel and/or on cultural days.
All funds received are considered a charitable contribution. As such, once they are received by The Church of the Resurrection, there are NO REFUNDS. If, for some reason, the trip is cancelled or you can no longer go, Resurrection will credit the funds toward a future serve trip (for you or for an immediate family member) within 12 months of the original trip; OR use the funds for ministry work with our Methodist partners in Texas.
If you have questions about the deductibility of trip-related expenses, please contact your tax professional.
- Fill out the US Serve Trip Application.
- Online payments are available through your Managed Missions profile, or you can send a check, payable to Church of the Resurrection and include the trip code TEX 190427 in the memo line. Mail to: Church of the Resurrection, Attn: Finance/GIM, 13720 Roe Ave., Leawood, KS 66224.
- Complete the Safe Gatherings online training (for adults and youth age 16 and older).
04/05/19: Application and 100% balance due deadline
04/16/19: Team Training, 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Resurrection Leawood Room B227
Accommodations, Food and Transportation
Lodging is provided by a partner church and is covered in the cost; team members will potentially need to provide their own sleeping bags and air mattresses.
Participants should be prepared to pay for occasional meals during the trip, if necessary.
Team members will be traveling to the site in their own cars or arranging their own flights, and are encouraged to carpool if possible.
- Open to adults and children age 14 and older if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.