The purpose of Summer Internship Program at The Church of the Resurrection is to help college students and young adults explore their interest in ministry through hands-on experiences in a church setting. For questions about the internship program, please email Randy Meyer.
We cultivate this call by:
- Exposing the intern to excellent ministry accomplished by dedicated leaders and teams.
- Identifying an intern’s ministry passion, skill set and spiritual gifting.
- Providing opportunities for interns to utilize their gifts and skills within a specific ministry.
- Promoting the development of leadership skills by allowing interns to manage details of specific ministry programming.
- Giving interns the opportunity to work both independently and with a team on ministry specific projects.
- Provide an environment for interns grow in knowledge, faith, and maturity within a ministry setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God.
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the staff covenant.
- Support the church’s purpose, vision and journey.
- Preferred candidates will have completed their freshman year of college or have at least one-year of post-high school experience.
- Must be able to work either full-time or part-time for a total of 10 weeks over the summer.
- Willing to share workspaces with other interns or volunteers.
Summer interns will:
- Serve in a ministry department with specific job responsibilities and ministry goals.
- Attend weekly meetings with their supervisor to set goals and receive feedback on their work.
- Attend a group orientation session at the beginning of their internship.
- Build community with fellow interns by participating in group learning opportunities 6-8 times over the summer with topics such as:
- Church structure and governance
- Receive exposure to the church staff as a whole through our weekly staff chapel gathering. Interns with pastoral interest will be encouraged to help with the planning and leadership of Chapel as part of a cross-departmental team responsible for developing content.
- Provide a short reflection paper at the conclusion of the summer that summarizes their experiences and articulates the status of their ministry call.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interns will not receive housing, however, if needed, the church may assist a candidate with finding a host family for the 10-week internship period.
- Interns may serve a maximum of two summers. Exceptions must be approved by an Executive Director.