At the highest level, the Church of the Resurrection is governed by our entire body of membership, with meetings held annually and when important matters arise. Throughout the year, the Church Council acts as the executive agency of the church, providing strategic leadership, setting important policy and monitoring the performance of church’s ministries and campuses.
Several other elected committees provide direct leadership over areas of the church’s operations. These include:
- Finance Committee
- Board of Trustees
- Staff Parish Committee
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Nominations Committee
Our team of pastors and staff are passionate and committed. They provide leadership for the ministries and programs at Resurrection and, in doing so, help shape the heart and character of this church.
How to Serve on Committees
Thank you for your interest in serving as an elected leader at Church of the Resurrection. Please note the deadline has passed for service on Resurrection's 2017 committees. We hope you will consider applying next year. The nominations process typically follows a schedule similar to this:
- Mid-October: Deadline for submitting an Online Application Form
- October - November: Nominations Committee reviews and prayerfully considers all forms received.
- Mid-December: Nominations Committee contacts all applicants by phone.
- Mid-January: Nominations Committee presents nominations slate to the church council for their approval.
- Late January (Church Conference, January 24, 2017): Nominations slate is presented for approval during Resurrection's all-church conference.
If you have questions about this process, please contact Jim Oliver, our church’s Lay Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 397-6771.